Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary benefits. In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. Its soothing and beautifying properties are used to revitalise the appearance of the skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections when applied topically. When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall spiritual and emotional wellness.
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a soothing effect.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Massage on the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Aroma promotes feelings of relaxation.
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections when applied topically.
Warm, spicy, clean
Resin from Boswellia carterii, frereana, and sacra
α-pinene, limonene, α-thujene